Landmark Baptist has been faithfully serving our Christ and His families in the Houston Metro area 61 years. While we don't claim to be a perfect Church, we do claim to be a Jesus Christ centered, redeemed and forgiven Church.
OUR SERVICE TIMES SCHEDULE
Sunday Morning Bible Study.............................9:45am
Sunday Evening Study......................................5:00pm
Wednesday Evening Study................................6:00pm
We at Landmark hold firm to the teachings of our Lord and
Savior Jesus the Christ as recorded in Matthew 28:19-20.
We also adhere to the Doctrinal Statement
of the American Baptist Association.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19&20.
This is a fourfold commission, given to His New Testament Churches, by Him, before His ascension.
1. We are to go out into all of the world. We are to do this by our personal encounters, as well as Missionary support and the use of this site.
2. We are to evangelize the lost through the sharing of the glorious Gospel of Jesus the Christ. We accomplish this through outreach, locally and globally.
3. After the lost come to salvation we are to baptize them by full emersion. This is the first act of obedience for the new convert and one of the two ordinances of the church local. We hold firm to the scriptural baptism Jesus modeled for us and to scriptural communion that He commanded.
4. After they are baptized and full members of the local body of believers we are to disciple train them to serve Christ. This is through teaching all of the doctrines found in His written word. This step can only be achieved through teaching the truths found in His word to Holy Spirit indwelt believers.
1. We believe that we are to love one for another as Jesus loves the believer manifests our discipleship, proves our love for God and symbolizes our authority as New Testament churches. Love is therefore the great commandment of the LORD Jesus Christ upon which all others are dependent (Matt. 22:35-40; John 13:34,35; John 15:12; 1 John 4:7-21; 1 John 5:1-3; Rev. 2:4, 5).
2. We believe in the infallible, verbal inspiration of the whole Bible and that the Bible is the all-sufficient rule of faith and practice (Psalm 119:160; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17).
3. We believe in the personal triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in divine perfection (Matt. 28:19).
4. We believe in the Genesis account of Creation (Gen. 1; 2).
5. We believe that Satan is a fallen angel, the archenemy of God and man, the unholy god of this world, and that his destiny is the eternal lake of fire (Isa. 14:12-15; Ezek. 28:11-19; Matt. 25:41; 2 Cor. 4:4; Eph. 6:10-17; Rev. 20:10).
6. We believe in the virgin birth and sinless humanity of Jesus Christ (Matt. 1:18-20; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22).
7. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 10:30; John 1:1, 14; 2 Cor. 5:19).
8. We believe the Holy Spirit is the divine Administrator for Jesus Christ in His churches (Luke 24:49; John 14:16, 17; Acts 1:4, 5, 8; Acts 2:1-4).
9. We believe that miraculous spiritual manifestation gifts were done away when the Bible was completed. Faith, Hope and Love are the vital abiding Spiritual Gifts (1 Cor. chapters 12-14).
10. We believe that Man was created in the image of God and lived innocently until he fell by voluntary transgression from his sinless state, the result being that all mankind are sinners (Gen. 1:26; Gen. 3:6-24; Rom. 5:12, 19).
11. We believe that the suffering and death of Jesus Christ was substitutionary for all mankind and is efficacious only to those who believe (Isa. 53:6; Heb. 2:9; 1 Peter 2:24; 1 Peter 3:18; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 John 2:2).
12. We believe in the bodily resurrection and ascension of Christ and the bodily resurrection of His saints (Matt. 28:1-7; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Cor. 15:42-58; 1 Thess.4:13-18).
13. We believe in the premillennial, personal, bodily return of Christ as the crowning event of the Gentile age. This event will include the resurrection of the righteous to eternal heaven, and the Millennium will be followed by the resurrection of the unrighteous unto eternal punishment in the lake of fire and that the righteous shall enter into the heaven age (John 14:1-6; 1 Thess. 4:13-18; 2 Thess. 2:8; Rev. 19; Rev. 20:4-6; Rev. 20:11-15; Rev. 21:8).
14. We believe that the depraved sinner is saved wholly by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and the requisites to regeneration are repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 13:3-5; John 3:16-18; Acts 20:21; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8, 9), and that the Holy Spirit convicts sinners, regenerates, seals, secures, and indwells every believer (John 3:6; John 16:8, 9; Rom. 8:9-11; 1 Cor.6:19, 20; Eph. 4:30; Titus 3:5).
15. We believe that all who trust Jesus Christ for salvation are eternally secure in Him and shall not perish (John 3:36; John 5:24; John 10:27-30; Rom. 8:35-39; Heb. 10:39; 1 Peter 1:5).
16. We believe that God deals with believers as His children, that He chastises the disobedient, and that He rewards the obedient (Matt. 16:27; Matt. 25:14-23; John 1:12; Heb. 12:5-11; 2 John 8; Rev. 22:12).
17. We believe that Jesus Christ established His church during His ministry on earth and that it is always a local, visible assembly of scripturally baptized believers in covenant relationship to carry out the Commission of the Lord Jesus Christ, and each church is an independent, self-governing body, and no other ecclesiastical body may exercise authority over it. We believe that Jesus Christ gave the Great Commission to the New Testament churches only, and that He promised the perpetuity of His churches (Matt. 4:18-22; Matt. 16:18; Matt. 28:19, 20; Mark 1:14-20; John 1:35-51; Eph. 3:21).
18. We believe that there are two pictorial ordinances in the Lord's churches: Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Scriptural baptism is the immersion of penitent believers in water, administered by the authority of a New Testament church in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Lord's Supper is a memorial ordinance, restricted to the members of the church observing the ordinance (Matt. 28:19, 20; Acts 8:12, 38; Rom. 6:4; 1 Cor. 5:11-13; 1 Cor. 11:1, 2, 17-20, 26).
19. We believe that there are two divinely appointed offices in a church, pastors and deacons, to be filled by men whose qualifications are set forth in (Titus and 1 Timothy).
20. We believe that all associations, fellowships, and committees are, and properly should be, servants of, and under control of the churches (Matt. 20:25-28).
21. We believe in freedom of worship without interference from the government and affirm our belief in civil obedience, unless the laws and regulations of civil government run contrary to the Holy Scriptures (Rom. 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15).
LANDMARK Baptist Covenant
Through the grace of God, and being led by His Holy Spirit to repent of my sin, and upon my accepting the LORD Jesus as my personal Savior, I have made a public profession of my faith and have been scripturally baptized. I now solemnly and willfully enter into this Church Membership Covenant with the membership of LANDMARK BAPTIST CHURCH.
† We engage to walk as a local New Testament Church together in Christian love through the leadership empowerment of the Holy Spirit.
† We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, but rather will diligently and faithfully attend all scheduled Church meetings for worship, prayer, study and fellowship, unless we are providentially hindered.
† We will reject all of the heretical teachings and practices, using the Holy Bible as our complete authority in God's Kingdom Business.
† We purpose to watch over one another in brotherly love, to remember each other in prayer, to help one another during sickness or distress, and to cultivate Christian compassion and courtesy wherever we go.
† We resolve to practice personal and family worship, to train our children in the discipline and instruction of the LORD and to seek the salvation of family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and everyone we encounter in daily activities.
† I pledge to faithfully participate in all of the Church ordinances, and will endeavor after doctrinal unity as is taught in the Scriptures.
† I will submit to the Church’s loving discipline on myself as well as accept my responsibility to participate in lovingly disciplining other members, in the manner that is taught by our LORD in Scriptures.
† I will contribute cheerfully and regularly to this Church for the general ministry expense, local outreach, as well as to the spreading of the Gospel as commanded by our LORD and Savior.
† I will strive to live as the Christ does through our God’s grace and His empowerment, striving to deny all ungodliness and worldly lust.
† I will abstain from abusive use and illegal distribution of any and all mind altering substances and drink, both legal and illegal.
† I will be just and honest in my dealings, and faithful in my responsibilities and commitments reflecting my LORD to those I encounter.
† I will abide by the moral standards of sexual purity, ethical integrity, and spiritual fidelity as is taught by God in the Scriptures.
† I will be slow to take offence, eager to seek the reconciliation the Christ commands, and will work to preserve the unity of His Church.
† If I leave this Church I will diligently seek to unite with another Church of like faith where I can continue to fulfill my call in the LORD’s work and carryout His word.
I fully understand and agree to uphold all of the responsibilities as stated in this church covenant.